19.9.07

belated birthday

The girls suggested making a cake for gerardo, our mexican housemate, since his birthday was just round the corner. When i was first told about it, i started thinking about Black Forest cake, Häagen-Dazs ice cream cake and etc.. etc.. I was brought back to reality when they added,"We were hoping that you would know how to do it. cos we have never bake a cake before."

...

How i wish i can tell them that baking a cake is actually "a piece of cake" to me. sigh.

Alright. So we borrowed a recipe from our host, prepared all the ingedients. Most importantly, we brought along an Oxford Fench-English Dictionary; without which we would never have been able to successfully decipher the codes on the secret recipe.


just to prove a point that the secret recipe is coded.
sometimes i question the loyalty of man's best friend here. I told him to guard my cake whilst it is in the oven. My best friend here eyed the cake like a thief. growl...
warm.
The birthday boy.
The crew.

I remember telling hj that the piece of cake she made for us “吃在觜里,甜在心里”. Even though the cake was only so-so, but kudos to the effort.

I had meant every word; even the 'so-so' part.

No comments:

Post a Comment