9.1.10

what is your ikigai?

or rather, what is your reason for waking up every morning? This is one of the key questions Dan Buettner asked when searching for the reasons behind longevity. Dan Buettner is a holder of 3 world records for endurance bicycling. It is during his bicycling trips when he became interested in the blue zones . What is common among these centenarians is that all of them have their own ikigai - their reason to wake up every morning. For some of them it is the moment of holding their great grand children, for others it could be something as simple as the desire to fish for his family. Yes, you heard me right. A japanese centenarian goes out to catch fish 3 times a week for his family. I asked myself the same question now. What do I look forward to when I wake up every morning? I have figured out mine. So what yours? Go figure.

Catch you around in yr 2090!

No comments:

Post a Comment