28.7.08

fleeting

Everyone around me is festinating. The evening rush hour witnessed throngs of people rushing off from work. Like a mini mass migrating from the central business district. Dressed differently, I stood out from the crowd. But I was in my own world, oblivious to the tired faces around me , as i focused on my run. The soft pounding on the road, the regular pumping of the heart, the tune in my head, the lactic acid in the strained calves, the blood rushing to the legs and the all too familar shortness of breathe. My feet felt light for the first time in ages. I never felt more alive. I was enjoying my run.

maybe im addicted to running.. but other people find other reasons to run.
“Aaugh! It’s a half-hour later than it was half an hour ago! Run! Run!”- Calvin and Hobbes

find your reason.

No comments:

Post a Comment