6.7.08

home

i feel like a tourist in singapore. the french language has been wired so deeply into my system that I have to consciously stop myself from using french punch lines when i am speaking. i managed to get myself lost in NUS. i forgot what are the terms and conditions for the ezylink student's bus concession. I cant get used watching channel 8 drama series. I cant find $2 fishball noodles anywhere. I crossed the roads looking at the wrong side. I asked people what is the Henderson Wave. Also, home doesnt feel like home when you have to sleep in the living room, wait for your turn to surf internet and have to ask your sister to help you find out where is the towel's hangout place. im hungry in the middle of the night and i dunno where all the food is being hidden. the list goes on...

i am in reverse culture shock.

No comments:

Post a Comment