5.9.08

dinner

I just came back from a company dinner at Royal Plaza on Scott. The amount of food I ate probably do not justify the price paid, but the company made up for it. During my 2 month stint with Kelly, I developed, inevitably, some emotional attachment to the company and to the people whom I worked with. I witnessed the frustration that comes with the constant influx of requests and inquiries, the occasional laughter from the sporadic jokes and the workings within an IT department. I did learn quite a bit of interesting stuffs and I also did a lot of boring stuffs. In the end, I am regretful of my decision for early departure. I had hoped that I had build more meaningful relationships with the people I worked with.

During dinner, I realized that Boss shares a similar in photography, as I get to manhandle his expensive Nikon D300. After dinner, LT made us laugh so much I almost had stomach cramps. (My bloated belly after the sumptuous buffet surely did not help) His vivid descriptions of his personal anecdotes made a simple daily "squeezing into a lift" affair sounded like a preplanned strategy with "first mover advantage". He was so willing to share his experiences, that we stay until well past 11pm talking about market movements and economics. We bid farewell unwillingly only when his wife beckoned. Wiser and more experienced, there is so much I could learn from them. However, in the foreseeable future, as staffs leaves and new hires joins the department, the group dynamics would change.

I hope the change would be for the better.

No comments:

Post a Comment