27.1.09

iraq

It felt good reading about Iraqis going to vote on Saturday in the first nationwide elections in 3 years. If the process is peaceful, giving the US administration enough confidence with the local security; this election would actually acts as a litmus test for the withdrawal of US troops in Iraq. Even though the races are local, if successful, this could be inside history textbooks someday. I am lucky to be always living in safe environments. Having not witness violence and calamities first hand, I am not able to sympathize with the pain that victims of the Gaza strip and hurricanes in Barcelona. I am happy for Iraq's progress, satisfied with Singapore's Resilience Package and relieved that my exams have ended. I didn't make any resolutions on 1st Jan, but I am going to make one now.

I hope to take on more social responsibilities. let's kick off the new year.


No comments:

Post a Comment