30.1.09

withdrawal

First weekend after the end of exams and I am faced with the possibility of being stuck in my peaceful little mountain retreat for the whole weekend. France is on strike again. The simultaneous and coordinated action by all three transport companies struck hard in the midst of the failing economy. I would very much like to support the unions and fight for better working conditions and reimbursements for the people. However, my small unforgiving heart is already trying its best to support their cause wholeheartedly, while wallowing in the fact that I am being punished as a result. The end of exams did not act as a catalyst to trigger chain reactions of happiness. Instead, it lent a hand in the letting out air in a balloon. Deflated. Void of motivation. Even the cheerfulness that came with the New Year lasted only as long as the lifespan of a mayfly. People retreat to the nature to take a break from the hustle bustle of the city. On the other hand, I need to see the city to relive the materialistic moments of the life which that I had once led as a city dweller. Erhm. Last movie I caught was Wall-E. Wall E is still cool right? guys. guys?

I need my fix. how about an healthy a dose of junk food.

1 comment:

  1. oh man... read about the strikes too. good luck bro. i can't stand those strikes honestly.

    go run. beautiful countryside! share with me your travels soon!

    ReplyDelete