29.9.09

audience

would you clap for the little girl who sang to you in the lift? I know this may seem like the most out of character thing for me to do, but I did. She seemed like a ball of fun, belting out one number after another. Perhaps she was recently inspired by the getai songstresses. Though at her age she is probably only capable of singing nursery rhymes, she has no problem singing and wriggling along to them at the same time. I remembered the last time I sang for someone, I croaked, choked on my own voice and swallowed my words. I practically totally took the joy out of the birthday song and strangled it with the metal guitar string. But hey, people like me make k box session fun ok and it's usually the people who can't sing who have the most fun. any audience? let me serenade you.

on second thought, I better take a leaf from the little girl's (song)book and stick to nursery rhymes for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment