8.12.08

versailles

First Sunday of December, we grasped the golden opportunity to visit the Chateau de Versailles. It was a symbol of absolute monarchy. The pre-dawn walk down to the train station in semi darkness in a shivering 0 degree Celsius made me want to crawl into my bed again. We arrived in Versailles greeted by a misty blanket which even the morning sun couldn't clear. The extravagence and luxury of the palace was unable to shine under the grey sky. After the nth visit to a palace, the Chateau de Versailles is to me "another one of those palaces." The day passed slowly and uneventfully. I reached home tired, hungry but neutral; cos I know even if I had chosen not to go versailles, the day wouldn't have been better spent either. Photos will be in soon.

I always wonder if I could have chosen my words better.

No comments:

Post a Comment