19.12.09

ebisboshi shotengai

We went to check out Ebisboshi Shotengai, a Japanese restaurant in Iluma, after catching Avatar. I must say, Avatar is a really fantastic movie. The planet of Pandora has a mysteriously beautiful night glow. The raw emotions displayed by Neytiri, the chieftain's daughter from the Na'vi clan, tugged me. Maybe it appealed to some animal instinct inside of me, I really won't mind my partner roaring at me like that once a while. For a bigger picture, this show can be used to back the green campaign, showing how materialistic needs of people have led to the destruction of the lives of indigenous people. So if you haven't catch it yet, please do.

Ebisboshi Shotengai restaurant. 5 thumbs up. I won't give any comments about the food. I have a really low sensitivity to good food; anything that is edible is considered good to me. I was more excited about their new high tech self ordering system. Let me explain. Each table has a infra red pen, that you can use to scan the food you want to eat from the menu. After you have selected your food, you can scan the quantity, then enter it and send in the order. I was so amused by it that I have to check it out. Despite all the hype I had created for myself, the thingy was fun at first, then it lost its novelty after 5 min. It took us that long to realize that if we just keep scanning the menu using the infra red pen for fun, soon we won't be able to foot the bill. If you are wondering about the price, the food's reasonably priced.

But what made this enjoyable evening even better was the waitress J. She served us with such warmth and enthusiasm that it make me want to pin a service gold star on her. She is omnipresent too. At 9plus, I told aa that we should get going. She swooped in on us and commented that the restaurant closes at 11pm and asked if we wanted green tea. So we did and stayed on for another hour more. Hmm how did she appear so fast in front of us? I didn't even see her within my 10m vicinity. 20min later, I collected the menus and stacked them on the table hoping that someone would take them back. *poof* She appeared and thanked us; and there she went. *poof* God. Just a second ago, I checked my back to make sure there wasn't anyone to pass the menus to. Where did she come from? The same magic trick happened a few more times when we ordered desserts and green tea. How is the world did she manage to appear just like that? Amazing. We have a good laugh over this, but stopped ourselves immediately. Just in case she appears in front of us again unexpectedly to find us talking about her. She has a service with a smile and I can tell she enjoyed her work.

Thanks J for the great evening! did you see the phone number on the napkin?

No comments:

Post a Comment