28.11.07

aerobic

"1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8"
"2, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 "
"3, 2, 3, 4, 5 , 6,7, 8"

The voice of the aerobics instructor could be heard even before I peeked through the gymnasium's glass door. Inside, I could see lean and toned bodies moving to the beats of Britney Spears. The morning's engineering lessons just ended, barely 15min into lunch time, and these people are already sweating it out. The hour long aerobic session seems to be a good idea for girls who want to burn some calories and skip lunch at the same time. Mesmerized by their gracefulness and nimble movements, I continued to stand and stare outside the door.

I forgot how long I had stood there staring as time flew by. The music stopped abruptly, and the place was filled with silence. The instructor looked straight at me, a subtle cue for the whole class to divert their attention towards me. I gave an embarrassed smile and waited for them to respond.


"Jun Yong, you are late for class. I want you to stand in front of the class to show them in the next sequence of steps."
"artefact from george pompidu museum" - cj

how i love my aerobics class.

No comments:

Post a Comment