1.12.07

the finishing line

Some of you have probably read this. this goes out to my friends who are running the race this sunday, I really wished that I could be there running along side you. All the best !

"Morning!" said the stranger.
I turned my head
half filled with anger,
only to see my sweet darling angel.

"Wake up darling its 6am.."
she bleated like an endearing lamb.
"but angel its 6km.."
I protested like an unyielding ram.

Held and protected by the comfort of my bed,
I found more reasons to silence the voice in my head.
Looking out of my window to further confirmation,
I saw in the dark sky- the zodiac constellations.

“Nothing’s working.
In such an early morning.
My body’s unwilling.
My mind’s not encouraging”

She held in her hands a pair of socks,
Dangling it in front of me as she mocked,
"Walk the walk,
And not just talk the talk."

Casting her words aside,
the bouts of sleepiness came in tides.
I drifted back into the land of dreams,
Where everything’s peaceful, so it seems.

In Wonderland, whilst talking to Alice,
I heard a voice filled with mirthful malice.
Immediately, I sense a great danger,
As turned to face my anger-ridden angel.

“Get out of bed,
Or I’ll have you roasted
Like burnt bread,
I’ll make sure you are fully toasted”

The threat struck me where it hurts the most,
“NO, I do not want to be a bread toast!”
I jumped out of bed full of fear,
And quickly changed into my running gear.

"Morning again! Its only 6km…"
Once again, she bleated like an endearing lamb….

regards,
junyong

No comments:

Post a Comment