14.2.08

calling home

It has been almost a week since I called back home to wish my family a Happy Chinese New Year. Usually, it doesn't take long before homesickness would take a back seat and I would be abruptly knocked out of cinematic drama king act. This time, however, the call kept replaying in my head like a broken record, making me go into emotional cycle; alternating between bouts of nauseatic emptiness and hedonistic ecstasy. One moment i would be red in rage and the next I would be just short of painting the whole town red, which, coincidentally, is in line with chinese new year's theme color. Maybe during festive seasons, makes me feel more human than usual.

I never have any doubts about my popularity in my family. Being the one who have put all the half size terrors in place, I was never the most popular member of the family. Falling in children in ranks of 3 ( yes i have enough semi pubertized cousins to be able to do that), incessant copying of corrections, pillows fights, non pillow fights and the list goes on... Nonetheless, children being children, either have the memory of an earthworm or they have finally realized the well intentioned meaning of my act. They happily crowded around the mini web cam, each trying their best to squeeze their tiny heads within the camera's capture range to say hi to me (which i thought was what they are doing). Whilst I was still basking my overwhelming self assumed popularity, those kiddies began their wrestle 7000miles away. Each vying to get the prime spot directly in front of the lens .. to stick their tongue at me. Well, children being the children of today, knows that the long arm of the law is sometimes not long enough. So there they are, making monkey faces at me knowing that they will be able to get away with it. They seems to be having so much fun that it even influence my uncle to join in. =.=" Maybe someday they will learn to love me the way i love them.

After the initial messing around, i managed to get a chance to talk to every member of my family. Even the *ahem* 'friend' *ahem* whom my sis invited to my family reunion dinner. He seems like a nice guy, but i wonder what did my sis told him about me that, even after our conversation, he still hadn't told me his name.

and yes. happy chinese new year!

and happy valentine day!

for me, everything is still nice and pink for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment