30.10.08

business plan

Frustrating, the lack of motivation i see in some of the group members. No opinions. No initiative. No group cohesion. I blame myself for my inability to manage the group, their lack of interest and the halfhearted manner in the way they presented the business plan. What a joke it would be if people from the other group found out the fact that I have no idea how my last group member looked like until the day from the presentation. It is not like as if I hadn't tried. Email was a one sided communication channel. Unexplained absences from the several group meetings. Every meeting, we re-enact among ourselves the "Who is Thibaud?" followed by "Finding Thibaud?" scenes. Earlier, Thibaud had written to me describing his passion for the 'Product to Service' topic, it made me want to laugh at myself whenever I give him the benefit of the doubt for his absence from our discussions. Worse, there's more than one group member who caught the Thibaud syndrome in my group. How can we function with only half the group (the asians and africans) turning up for meeting each time? Me being me would have presented the slides myself, if not for the fact that my language competency isn't up to the mark. Sometimes, I am almost convinced that people do not want to cooperate and work with us not because we are incompetent, but because we are asian. Cultural integration becomes much harder when a handful of misfits takes away what the rest of the school is trying to achieve.

"failure has a compounding effect.
laugh it off.
and start behaving like a winner."-cj

Tmr is a new day. Let's begin it with a tabula rasa..

No comments:

Post a Comment