1.10.08

theater

I went for a language themed class - Theater. What I was expecting was to go in to the class, sit down and listen passively to the teacher who will talk about The Arts. The first step into the class and i had to double check the classroom number. Earlier, I came from a class with the tutor calling us "The P*nis Club" as there wasn't a single female in the Psychoanalysis class. So I was a little taken aback when i stepped into a classroom with only girls huddling around the teacher (the small handful of guys were late). The whole class hushed when i stepped in (probably a little disappointed to find out that the first guy to step into the class is an asian). Nonetheless, I was thrilled. The rest of the guys streamed in only after the lesson has begun.

First activity - the usual oral self introduction was unusually quick. The prof ushered in the next activity with a Bang. She got the whole class to form a circle and we started playing ice breaker games.. the same type as the ones you would expect to play during orientation with equally spffy names like "Catch the ball", "Three Claps" and etc etc. Then it sunk in. This is an acting class.

I'm glad that I do not have to sit through long lectures on the evolution of the Stage. All I need to do to pass is to do what I do best.

Talk.

No comments:

Post a Comment