21.7.09

snippets

Things happened sporadically in my life. Documenting them individually is simply not practical. Each of them undeserving of a whole entry, but collectively.. So voila. Excuse my habit of not finishing my sentence, usually it means that I have not found anything smart to say and hopefully you will be able to finish it with something smart and subconsciously credit it to me.

1) Voted for an Julie to become kfc's employee of the month. Last Thursday, I dropped by kfc for dinner and Julie was there. Before you hastily conclude that Julie is some nubile young thing, NO she is not. Julie is a middle age indian lady, who takes extreme pride in her work. Perhaps older workers in the work force takes their work more seriously than their schooling counterparts. Julie seemed to be able to read my mind that evening.
I don't think I look anything like a ravenous, barley drinking, cheese fries loving, 2 piece chicken eating male. Had she done population profiling before? I won't have known. But she chose the biggest chicken, asked if I wanted barley, suggested that I change my colsaw to cheese fries. There right before I sink my fangs into the chicken, I filled up the employee of the month form and dropped it into the box. There you go Julie. Hope you win.

2) I signed up as a volunteer, hoping to contribute back to the community on a weekly basis. I have not signed up offically with any non-profit organization yet, but if my commitment persevere, I would probably be with a children/ youth/ family service. These services might be easier for me to get back into the spirit of giving. I have this affinity with the elderly. With my mature looks, wicked smile and disarmingly smooth hokkien, I'm an aunty killer. However, seeing elderly working people already pulled a heart string so tight that I do not think I am able to cope with the emotional baggage. But I would really like to be a friend to the elders, when I am more mature.


my 3 saving graces.

No comments:

Post a Comment