18.11.09

an acts of kindness

The bus driver stops the bus away from the bus stop for an old lady to board. I didn't know why this stayed with me throughout the afternoon. Perhaps I have a soft spot when I see old people who needs help. It disturbs me to see old people collecting empty cans and cardboard to earn a living. It makes my life of material seems unfitting. I who grew up poor and spent my whole life climbing the meritocratic ladder am now starting to let material become the main derivative of joy. Every time I see these elderly, I feel ashamed of materialistically driven goals. Let them not become bad things, the money that I will earn I will pledge them back to help the elderly. Social Responsibility. All these thoughts because of a kind bus driver. I'm still a poor student, so its all just talk now.

old age is supposed to be golden. maybe i should join social work. or politics.

No comments:

Post a Comment