24.11.09

mystery of the dead rat

"I saw a dead rat on my way home; lying in the front of the letter boxes with its tongue sticking out. I remembered myself having the same expression after the marathon. It swiftly led to a series of questions. How did the rat die? Was it killed? if so who's the killer? how did it end up in front of the letter boxes? Is the tongue a sign that that it was suffocated? I surveyed the surroundings for signs of a struggle. There were no obvious blood stains; not even a piece of advertisement strewn in front of the letter boxes. Someone must have cleaned up the crime scene.

The carcass laid normal. There were no obvious bruising, no awkwardly shaped skeletal deformity and no signs of foul play. Though after preliminary examination I was not able to rule out an unnatural death, i was sure that no decent rat with any pride or dignity will crawl all the way to the letter boxes just to die there. There must be something that I was not seeing. Was it there a movement in the shadow at the stairwell? Was the killer lurking in the dark and observing?

I smell a rat. a dead rat."


I mused at how these scenarios that flowed out out my mind was actually triggered by a dead rat. Maybe I have an inner melodramatist. Or maybe it reminded me of a book : The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night Time.


http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/0/03/Curiousincidentofdoginnighttime.jpg

I shall call this imaginative story telling - deviant writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment