9.11.10

diamonds

I was led to understand the psyche of women when I sat in a 3 way conversation among women about diamonds. Good thing I had a prior knowledge of diamond rings, else I won't be able to understand what's the whole fuss behind 0.5, 0.8 and 1 carat. Truth is, they DO look very different in size. Each of them expressed different opinions about what is the market rate; varying from 1 to 3 months of income. One even suggested an exorbitant 10months! (perhaps I can tell my company that I will work BOTH Asia pacific and European hours). Then again, a sample size of 3 women is too small. I should at least include the ah lian who got hitched at 18 years old in my survey and ask what she got from her ah beng husband. To made sure I understood what is expected of me in future, they regularly punctuated their sentences with "jy please always remember this". If there are any take home lessons. I guess it is important to at least find out what her peers are getting and benchmark against them; because they are the ones who will be compa(ring). In case you guys forget..

diamonds are whose best friends?

2 comments:

  1. Truth is, diamonds are really quite worthless. Buy a diamond ring for 20k, and the pawnshop wont even give you 1k for it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha eh after reading my blog for so many years you decided to comment on a diamond post. haha so are diamonds your current concerns now?

    ReplyDelete