13.2.11

Awesome #25 when someone asks you to join them for lunch on your first day

I was the new kid on the block. The only person I know is the HR lady who brought me to the 23rd floor. She subsequently left me in the charge of Tiffany who brought me around and introduced me to the rest of the department. The morning passed rather quickly with nobody even taking a glance at me. The whole department was buzzing with activity while I remained one with the furniture. I hanged on to this semi transparent existence till around lunchtime. That's when Michelle came over and popped her head into my cubicle, 'Hey want to join me for lunch?' I brightened up immediately. It felt good to be acknowledged.

When someone asked me to join them for lunch on my first day at work, it felt...

AWESOME!

No comments:

Post a Comment