27.7.07

Terror Of The Night

Everything seemed right.
The mood was light
And the stars were bright.
It seemed to be a peaceful night.

I tucked myself comfy into bed;
soon my awareness began to fade.
Dreamland filled my drowsy head
I thought I was flirting with lady marmalade.

Lying on my bed sleeping,
I was unaware of the danger lurking.
The fearsome beast had been sneaking;
My fate was sealed and nearing.

The mood became somber and grey,
As the beast closed in on the defenseless prey.
Under the silhouette somewhat of a dog,
The unsuspecting prey was sleeping dead as a log.

Howling into the silent night,
It pounced on the prey with all its might.
Being attacking with merciless precision,
I woke up in midst of frantic confusion.

I opened my eyes and froze in fear,
Praying for my life which I held dear.
The features were sharp under the clear moonlight,
I was looking into the eyes of the terror of the night.

“Stop. Behave. Go.”, I commanded while wiping the saliva off my face. The dog jumped off the bed obediently and looked at me earnestly. I was sleepy and was in no mood to play games, so i grabbed the dog and locked it in the kitchen.

bad doggy.
The dog and I had better times together...

p.s. pardon me if it is not well written, i am still reeling in fear from the vicious attack.

No comments:

Post a Comment