13.2.10

stand by area

First time in 2 years I retake the task of doing spring cleaning at home. Mum had performed a 1000% dilution of the cleaning agent and generously flooded the marble floor with 2cm of water. Then she asked me to dry it up. Hmm. For the first time, I am relief from my usual toilet duties. Keeping the toilet sparkling clean has always been my job until this lunar new year. Whether is it during uniformed group camps, orientation camops, Basic Military Training, Out Field Camp, Combat Medic Course or at home, the unglamorous task of cleaning the washroom had always fallen on my lap. Perhaps I can claim rightful heir to the toilet's throne? Or rite of passage huh? Rite of passage to become a house husband. Anyway, I am becoming rather familiar with the broom and mop with which I got an whole afternoon to get acquainted. Soon enough, I would be able to wield them as gracefully as I had once wield the toilet brush. On a more serious note, in one afternoon, I was able to develop the Flying Dust Broom Grip and the Water Droplet Splitting Mop Swipe. That was before I was scolded and duly subdued. "Boy, don't play play around. Hurry up then we can start dinner." orh. u win.

Wish you all a happy lunar new year.

No comments:

Post a Comment