14.4.10

step slippers

When I saw her at the bus stop, she's tall and she looked pretty cool. Fashionably dressed from head to ankle, she decided to leave the house in an mismatching pair of slippers. In the slippers accepting culture of Singapore, most people would have missed this fashion faux pas. But not my Parisian fashion trained eye. Don't be mistaken, it is not that I do not approve of slippers, but I thought footwear should match one's outfit. I was wearing slippers too, but I was in a matching pairs of bermudas and Tee.

When the bus came, she boarded the bus hastily and carelessly. Her slippers slipped off her feet. I guessed slippers got its name from the ease of slipping it on; in this case slipping off. It bounced down the steps, passed me and out of the bus. This is the part where I did an awkward acrobatic bend in an attempt to catch the footwear. It was totally reflex action. It would have been redeeming if I had nailed the catch. But I missed. So i backed out of the bus and picked it up for her. Hastily and carelessly again, she put on the slippers, turned and flicked the slippers out of the bus again.
I was staring at her black toe nails, so I didn't managed to react to it; saving myself a second awkward contortionist act. Nice pedicure!

Twice the slippery slippers came off. To prevent a third time, I laid it on the floor for her so that she can stabilize herself and make sure the footwear stay on. Naturally blessed with an active figment of imagination, I thought. Perhaps she's my Cinderella. If she drops the slipper a third time, I tell myself, I will hold the slipper and slip it on for her. It didn't happen. We hurried separately to the middle and back of the bus where no one witnessed..

the morning incident..

No comments:

Post a Comment