10.9.10

$75,000

I saw an article on wall street journal (Sept 7,2010).The title was catchy enough,'The perfect salary for happiness: $75,000'. The first thing that came to my mind was, "Damn, someone raised the bar." The last article I read on mymoneyblog.com (May 26, 2010) quoted $60,000 as the special number for happiness. Curiously, both of them cited behavioral economist/ psychologist Daniel Kahneman in their article. Here is his TED talk. So was U.S. hit by a 25% inflation over the past 3 months or did expectations changed drastically within a span of 3 months? I am no behavioral economist and I am not bother enough to formulate a working proposition here myself. Either way 60K or 75K, my allowance is a measley 18k per annum. I am not even halfway there yet.

So if anyone of you can figure this out, message me.

No comments:

Post a Comment