31.5.10

10k

Words have it that there will be 2 marathons on the 5th of Dec this year. One by Singapore Sports Council, the other by Singapore Athletics Association. Honestly, SAA's marathon better start generating a lot more hype. Else, they are going to lose to potential participants to SCC's (which is already in swing). The latter's proposed routes cover Sentosa Gateway, Orchard, City Hall, Marina South and East Coast Park. It does not leave much road space for SAA's marathon. I have no idea how SAA's marathon is going to work out. We just have to wait and see.

Out of loyalty to Standchart, I signed up with SCC for a short 10km run. There. I can strike out one of my New Year's Resolution No. 4. There's just too much going on in my life now, I cannot keep up with training and running. 10km seems reasonable to help me ease in the scheme of things. Perhaps 21km mid next year and 42km end of next year.

Resolution No. 1 and 5 seemed slightly uncertain now, as my prof dropped me another carrot.

No comments:

Post a Comment