8.5.10

so you think you can sing

When singing karaoke, the chorus was usually not a problem. There were several stanzas which were harder to follow. So I ended up humming or just stoned through those parts. There were many songs which I thought I knew how to sing, but actually did not. Much more than I realized. So weren't lyrics given? Yes, they were. Only that they were in mandarin. Half the time I either do not recognize the words or I cannot read as fast. That's when I eat my words, join them to the word before or after to form a slur. Hahaha. I guess it's a habit of mine to listen to the melody of a song and not hear the words.

However, those were not able to kill my joy. Being ever progressive, I am not afraid of facing tough challenges. So I picked 張惠妹's 听海, ah du's 他一定很爱你,a few other songs by 熊天平, lin jun jie and jay chou. To give you an idea of how my challenge went. My friends decided to drop
張惠妹's 听海 by a lot of keys. So much so that a mei actually begins to sing like a man. Even so, I was still not able to sing at the same key! That's not surprising actually, I have never been known for my singing. Well the rest of the night, I found my place in singing english songs. yay! Of cos, there are still chinese songs which I can sing. There's always 阿牛.

next time anyone of you got K ask me along.

No comments:

Post a Comment