29.8.10

infantry

I was reading a post when I saw this line, "There is a reason why armies still have foot soldiers, and why foot soldiers still carry bayonet." It is suppose to draw draw parallel to why pen and paper are still being used in the digital age. But I was too caught up with the term foot soldier, it seems so long since I put on my fatigues. I swear I am going to give my bmt buddy a call one of these days.. wonder if he is still with DSTA? (hmm go check facebook..)

Then I remembered The Infantry Song.

We are the bedrock of the Army,
Wanting to keep our people free.
Committed to the independence of our Nation,
We are the men from the Infantry.

There will never be a mountain too high,
Or a route too tough for us.
We are about to rule the day and the darkest night,
We won't rest till the wrong is right.

*Chorus:
From the land, air and sea,
We'll strike our enemies.
They'll call us the Queen of the battlefield.
We're brothers in arms.
We're brothers proud to be.
We're the first, the one and only Infantry.

We're a special band of soldiers,
Raised to guard our Nation's shores.
We based our lives upon a set of 7 values,
To defend our Nation's cause.

And when our country says she needs us,
We're always there by her side.
To protect the lives of every Singaporean.
For Singapore, we'll give our lives.

God.. bmt was a good 7 years ago.. 20 more years to ROD.

No comments:

Post a Comment