7.8.10

long weekend

It was a slow start to a long weekend. I took the chance to sleep in as the wet morning was too cool to pass. It wasn't until my stomach started to growl before I felt more encouraged to get out of bed. The late night supper did not tide over until this morning as I had hoped. I usually flip through the newspaper during breakfast on most mornings. The routine has altered slightly. Instead of reading the headlines news first, I turned to RECRUIT. My job seeking instinct kicked in together with the coffee. I suspect that there's might be a correlation between the two, though probably no causality.

*flip *flip *flip... no vacancies for fresh graduate in asset management. If everyone wants to hire people with experience; who trains fresh graduate then? I wonder what is the success rate people who look for jobs in the newspaper if you compare it to the JobsDB. Perhaps the good thing about news paper is that you do not have to direct your search at a specific company, industry or role. Everything is laid out for you in the newspaper. *flip *flip *flip... P&G *flip *flip *flip... Mckinsey *flip *flip *flip.. nothing. maybe I should check out risk management too.. since its skills set are more congruent with my computational research..

or perhaps I should just stick to IT..

No comments:

Post a Comment