30.8.11

thoughts

I looked back at the past year and realized that this blog has slowly evolved. Short on personal time and sleep, I am often not able to type out a full blog entries to document my life before I get distracted by other stuffs.

I just drew my first paycheck last week. Deducting away the amount I give to my parents and to the insurance companies, my personal expenses; I actually do not have a lot of money left. I still have my 100k target to hit. So I guess this just means that I have to budget less for spending.

My social life is heavily skewed towards my dance social circle. I still dance 4 nights a week. This proves to be a problem as I take on more responsibilities and the workload increases. This unforgiving timetable makes it hard for me to meet up with friends in my other social groups. I apologizes for the many outings, dinners, trips and birthdays that I have missed and will continue to miss in the near future. Too much of anything is not good, I am trying to sort out my priorities now to maintain a more balance social life. I will have to spend more time with my family too.

I have recognized humility as the value I will use to steer my life and character.

I love my job and the company. It exposes me to many opportunities and gives me the challenges that I am looking for. There are a lot to learn on the job and I have a clear direction. It is also good to know that I am part of the company's long term strategy. People 5 years my junior are joining the company with me. I have to work doubly hard to make up for my lost years and position myself strategically for career progression.

A quick snapshot.

No comments:

Post a Comment