12.12.10

comfortable among books

It was an early morning on Sunday. The library was quiet and there were few people in the library. Even though, I had a book in my hand, I was not there to read. Rather, I was looking for a quiet place where no one knew me and where there was no need to make small talks. That morning I woke up feeling amazing peaceful and at ease. Perhaps the science of diffusion applies to ambiance and mood too, the library's contained stillness felt like it was able to keep the peace in me for a very long time. It was an appropriate place to spend the morning. I was there for two hours, but I did not get past page 5 of the book. I was enjoying the moment. This moment I got from examining my life and future. My future is still mired in uncertainties, but it felt good to have more information and to know more things. Knowledge empowers and makes people comfortable as such. Having this revelation in the library, where knowledge is kept, does seems a little like living in a cliche.

I only I can smuggle a cup of coffee into the library, then, the moment would have been perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment