22.12.10

tailgate

I maintained a distance of approximately thirty meters from him. We were running against the traffic and the headlights of the on coming traffic was causing red flares to form in my eyes. I blinked to readjust my eyes to the darker surroundings instead of the glaring headlights. He was running at a pace that I could keep up with comfortably - my "talking" speed. This tailing him continued for a good 8 min.

Slightly in front of us, a bus stopped and a throngs of aunties alighted. I lost him in the crowd of people. When the crowd has dispersed, I have lost him. I scanned the surroundings and he was out of sight. Cladded in a bright yellow vest, he should not be hard to spot in the dark. He simply disappeared. I soldiered on without him until I reached an isolated stretch near the foot of Mt. Faber. I felt like there were eyes on me and I turned back. There he was pounding the leaves behind me. How long has he been there? Where did he come from? Why isn't he overtaking me?

I kept my pace until I reached back home. There I caught a clearer look of his face. He's the guy from the 15th floor.

yo neighbour. next time say hi.

No comments:

Post a Comment