30.12.10

kindness

I have been reading a lot lately (and I see a direct correlation between the frequency of blog posts and the amount of things I read). The latest book that graced my hands now is Liar's Poker. It provided an unflattering portrayal of Wall Street, the people working there and their perceived exclusivity and disrespect for anything non monetary. If what I read in this book and in the wall street forums are true, then won't getting the 'top job' become a constant struggle to withhold kindness. It sounded like closing a sale where you trade in your kindness for prestige and pledge allegiance to money. Is turning into a hard ass part of the job requirement? Maybe this is why I am half hoping to snatch the offer and half hoping to be rejected so that I do not have to make that decision for myself.

no matter how hard it is, i will still be kind. cos that is the only right thing to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment