26.12.10

tofu burger

Maybe going to NEX (North East Exchange) on Christmas Day was a bad idea. Yea I know, you guys cannot believe that I actually bother to venture beyond my 10 km from home perimeter. Exactly, I was asking myself too 'why go to NEX when I have Vivo, Tiong Bahru Plaza, Great World, Cityhall, Marina, Suntec, Orchard, Chinatown, Sentosa in my backyard within 20min bus ride'. That was until I checked out the tenants in NEX. The number of restaurants, cafes, food kiosks and food courts there makes it a gastronomical heaven. I saw the lists (L1, L2, L3, L4) and it blew me away man. FOOD!! OMG SO MUCH FOOD!! There are exactly 99 eating outlets and you did not hear me wrong - 99. So even if I was not interested in the remaining 200+ stalls there, food was a compelling enough reason. Even the crowd was not going to stop me.

So that was where I first stepped into Freshness Burger. The outlet at NEX was its first and at this moment only outlet in Singapore. I only found out it was a Japanese food chain after I googled it when I got home. I felt robbed when I had to pay 11 for a burger meal (maybe it was wrong have MacDonald's burger meals as anchor prices), so I had to check it out. It was there where I saw Tofu Burger (see picture below). Yea, I am serious Tofu Burger. I thought to myself, is it going to go out of shape after the first bite. It did not. It is not burger manna, but it tasted decent. If you like to eat burgers and eat healthy at the same time, try this.

"tofu burger"-cj

NEX is just too crowded.

No comments:

Post a Comment