25.1.11

Awesome #16 when you see old people embrace new technology

I was riding on the bus when my phone rang. I dug into my pocket and whipped out my trusty Nokia 2310. Nokia 2310? What happened to the HTC ( which debuts in this post) you may ask? The old windows OS was a serious letdown. It froze almost every time I touched the screen. So I reverted back to my Nokia.

Soon after I hung up, the grandma who came and sat beside me; her phone rang. She dug into her plastic bag and whipped out her state of the art technology - iPhone 4. Her grandson's picture was flashing on the screen. She slided the bar across the screen and 'Harlow'. A few short exchange with the boy and her conversation was over. She turned and saw me curiously peering at her phone. She pointed to her phone and said, "My grandson." I smiled at her. She saw herself as a old lady connecting affectionately with her grandchild, I saw a hip grandma who carries an iphone 4.
"my 5 year old technology"-cj
The feeling of seeing old people embrace new technology was.. 

AWESOME!

No comments:

Post a Comment