14.1.11

Awesome #8 when your code complied successful on its first run

I know this does not apply to everyone, but I believe every developer agrees with me. The feeling of anticipation before clicking on the <RUN> button. Many languages and platforms later, I have to admit that this feeling wanes with experience. But I can still vividly remember the first programming module I took. First bless the guy who introduced me to gVim years back, if not I might still be using the primitive text editor..zzz. The first time, I sat in front of the computer teeth clenched, brow knitted and jaws clamped. I could almost feel the beads of sweat rising up to the pores as I stare at the <COMPILE> button. The rising excitement felt like a thousands horses (not butterflies man) running through your gut, I felt constipated. "Click". The rush. The hope that the error message will not pop out. The wait for the prompt icon to appear.

>> |

WOW! The prompt. It feels like striking a lottery. The feeling of a successful compilation is...

AWESOME!

No comments:

Post a Comment