10.1.11

Awesome #2 lying in bed after a weekend of strenuous exercise

The end of last week basically looked like this. A 4km run on Friday morning, a 4hr tennis on Friday evening, a 4km run/walk on Saturday, a 2hr badminton on Saturday morning, a 4km run and interval trainings on Sunday morning and finally a 3hr dance on Sunday evening. I know this is not a good idea for some one who had not exercise for a year. I totally understood what it meant my pain and fatigue flooded every sinew of my body. I am not able to hold and write using a pencil right now. my spoon shakes when I eat. I almost spilled Caramel Cappuccino on myself when my wrist suddenly went limp while I was sipping from the cup. I almost added a few strangers on Facebook because my hand shook and hit the touch pad while my mouse was hovering above the 'add friend' button. I cannot climb up stairs without the support of handrails. I am having difficulty hitting the right key right as I type now.

Despite the discomfort, I feel awesome right now. The limp that I am walking with now felt like the vs-post-whole-Saturday-soccer limp, the butt pain whenever I sit down felt like the post-hockey-training butt/back pain. The collective laugh as we 'ooh' and 'argh' all the way to the bus stop after trainings. Here is the best part. The cool shower after the exercise and the sudden contraction of the overworked muscles when the cold water runs over them.

"everyone has a favorite position"-cj

this is going to be a weekly routine. The feeling of having worked out is


AWESOME!

No comments:

Post a Comment