14.1.11

computational

The main part of the final interview was an extremely strenuous computational assessment. The multi-part problem consisting of data conversion from text file to excel, cleaning and smoothing of data points, graphical presentation of results, programming and optimization the of trading algorithm. All these took me a nearly a whole day of programming.

During the session, I heard the guy across me curse quietly under his breathe. The guy to my right throw up his hands as his algorithm got trapped in an infinite loop. I told him 'Control+C' can help him exit. Nonetheless, there was a general air of confidence. Everyone churned out the lines of codes with a single mindedness to be the one hired. One position and five candidates; statistically, my odds are bad (20%).But I felt that I was among the better half of the candidates.

After the interview, i felt like this job was made for me. now i want it bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment