12.1.11

Awesome #6 when you avoided stepping on a snail

Every one loves to listen to the crunchy sound when they break potato chips into pieces in their mouth. It feels good to send potato chips into your mandibles of death to break them and chew on their salty tastiness. Everyone loves the crunchy sound when they crush the empty bag of potato chips in their hands too. It feels like a job well done. But nobody likes to hear crunchy sounds coming from beneath their feet, especially not when you are walking along the pavement after a rain. Well, if you do not want to see what you step on, then do not check it out or look at it. You could very well have stepped on a snail! Yea I know that look. That half disgusted, half guilty, wide eye, open mouth, shell shocked look with blood drained from the face.

Today while I was running, I almost did not see the small creature camouflaged among the brown fallen leaves. Then from the corner of my eyes, I saw something move right before my right heel landed on it. I did a little hop/ jump and quick sidestep and rolled on the outer edge of my foot like how runners with under pronation lands. I missed it narrowly; keeping its shell intact. The creature continued with its perilous journey to cross the pavement. I hope there are not any runners after me on this wet morning.


The feeling of having saved a life, even that of a small creature, is simply...

AWESOME!

No comments:

Post a Comment